1099-G Income Tax Statement Available Online
You can now obtain your 1099-G on this website. Just log-in to use the option to View and Print your 1099-G Income Tax Statement.
In order to use the Web 1099-G application and to access your 1099-G tax statement you will need:
- The User ID and Password which you created to access the UI Self-Service application (if you have not created a User ID and Password, you must first do so)
If you encounter any difficulties with your User ID or your Password please contact a Reemployment
Call Center at: Freehold (732) 761-2020, Union City (201) 601-4100 or Cumberland (856) 507-2340.
Out-of-State claimants may call: (888) 795-6672.
Form 1099-G, "Statement for Recipients of Certain Government Payments", reports the total taxable unemployment compensation issued to you from the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development for a specific calendar year. It is issued to any individual who received New Jersey Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. (This may be different from the week ending date for which the benefits were paid).
Total taxable Unemployment Insurance includes:
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits
- Disability During Unemployment Insurance (DDU) benefits received as a substitute for UI benefits
- Paid Family Leave Insurance (FLI) benefits
- Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA) benefits
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) benefits
1099-G's are required, by law, to be provided by the end of January for the prior calendar year.
Your benefits are taxable and reportable only on your federal income tax return. You do not need to include a copy of the 1099-G income tax statement with your federal income tax return as this information has already been provided to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Please be advised that if your computer is idle for 30 minutes or more, your session will "time out" and all of your information will be lost. If you exit for any reason before completing the application, all of your information will be lost.